Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Nice Haves.

I hate to say it, but summer is here... and I'm not going to lie: I dislike summer! Why? It's too HOT! At least you can alter the cold weather by wearing a jacket and a beanie... You can't beat the heat unless you have some form of AC. Anyway, like it or not, it has happened... so we might as well just make the most if it.


These are my nice-to-have summer essentials... I didn't include any makeup items because I already have them in my "Go To Products" (Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 - Part 4 & 5 soon to come), but here they are:


1. Sunscreen. Sunscreen is not a nice-to-have product, it's a MUST have product! Do yourself a favor and protect yourself from the dangerous UVA/UVB rays. It's better to prevent now than fight skin cancer or aging skin later. What I use: Sheseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion


2. Facial Spray. From making your makeup appear less cakey to refreshing your skin, any kind of facial spray would be nice to have. You can get an empty spray bottle, pour cool water in it, and that will do the trick! What I use: Evian Facial Spray


3. Lip Balm. One of the things I hate the most is having dry and chapped lips. Lip balm is essential for me all year round, but don't forget to use one with SPF! What I use: Aquafina FlavorSplash


4. Oil-Blotting Sheets. I have oily skin, so unless I want to look like a grease ball, I use blotting sheets. I like to use blot sheets rather than blot powders because I wouldn't want to add another layer of powder on my face (can we say, cakey?). I feel so much more refreshed and cleaner as well. What I use: ELF Shine Erasers


5. Body Butter. Nothing feels more refreshing than using a good body butter after a shower. It not only makes your skin feel good, but makes your skin super soft too (and we're talking about a baby's butt soft)! What I use: The Body Shop Vitamin E


6. Eyeshadow Primer. If you're going to wear eyeshadows, be sure to use a good primer! It's going to keep your eye makeup stay vibrant and stay put all day! What I use: Urban Decay Primer Potion


7. Face Brush. A brush for your face would be a good way to exfoliate your skin. A regular toothbrush (a CLEAN one & only for that purpose) would do the trick or you can even find face brushes at drugstores or beauty supply stores for cheap prices. It would clean deep inside your skin, exfoliate your skin, and help your skin get clearer at the same time! Just be careful not to brush too hard or you'll do more harm than good. What I use: Clarisonic Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment