Saturday, May 14, 2011

Product Review: Lancome Genefique

I was gifted Lancome Genefique from my mother-in-law as a Valentine's Day gift. She did, however, give it to me a week or two before Valentine's Day, but it was a gift nonetheless. Ever since, I have been using it every night, so I've been using this product for over three months.

On the Sephora website, Genefique is described as "an antiaging complex that harnesses the power of genes to take skin back in time." In addition, you are supposed to see visibly younger skin within just seven days of usage.

Pros
- makes my skin feel nice and fresh
- easy to apply
- a little goes a long way

Cons
- my skin has gotten worse and I think this might be the cause
- broke out
- has not improved my skin whatsoever

The pros and cons do weigh even in numbers, but the cons obviously weigh heavily more if you consider the consequences.

Overall, I am very disappointed. I keep using it in hope that it will improve my skin, but it has done the opposite. I plan to stop using this and give it back to my mother-in-law since she loves it so much (although I will say I don't see a difference with her skin either). I've been in denial and it's time that I suck it up and face the truth.

Save your money!

1 comment:

  1. so agreed! I purchased two, one for me and one for my mother thinking that it would be great considering all the great reviews on it, but damn it disappointed me aswell. Well done on your posts, I really enjoy seeing the hauls and reviews :)

    ReplyDelete