Monday, May 9, 2011

How to Repress Powder

I was going through my makeup collection the other day and was very surprised to see this...

I don't know what happened! I've never dropped my NARS Laguna bronzer and I'm not really aggressive with my makeup, so I was a little confused when I saw this... The same thing happened to my MAC Perfect Topping MSF last year. Anyway, I decided to repress my bronzer!

What you'll need:
- rubbing alcohol
- a little container
- spoon/something to mix it with
- cotton pad
- the product that needs to be repressed

First, soak the cotton pad with rubbing alcohol and clean everything you'll be using.

Place the powder pieces into the container.

Crush the bronzer into little pieces.

Pour the rubbing alcohol into the container.

It's better to pour little by little than pore too much.

Mix until you get a paste-like consistency.

Put the product back into the pan, but don't forget to clean the pan and packaging with alcohol first.

Spread the product out as evenly as possible... Then wait for it to dry.

And voila! If you want to make it look more even, you could easily just place a tissue on top and press it down with a flat object (that will fit) before it's completely dry. It may not be as pretty as it used to be, but it still works for me.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. this helped me a lot!!!! If you dont have rubbing alcohol you can also use hand sanitizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete