Monday, August 16, 2010

Review: Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer

At the end of June, I was looking for a paraben-free moisturizer. I had just finished my Korres face moisturizer and although it was so good to me, I decided to move on since the jar was too insanitary; I needed a moisturizer with a pump. I was browsing around Sephora and stumbled on this product. Of course, I've heard nothing but great things from Juice Beauty, so I decided to give this item a try.


It's been a month and half since I've been using this moisturizer and so far, it's an ok product.


Pros:

  1. It doesn't break me out.
  2. It absorbs into the skin quickly.
  3. A little goes a long way!
  4. The scent is not overpowering.
  5. It makes my skin looks good in the morning. -- I use this moisturizer at night.
  6. It has a pump.

Cons:

  1. It doesn't feel refreshing like it claims... In fact, I felt like my skin was burning at first. (You know the effect of Burt Bees lip balms on your lips? That minty refreshing feeling? Well this is supposed to do the same thing, but to your face.)
  2. If you apply too much, it feels heavy on the skin.
  3. It doesn't feel moisturizing enough for the winter time.

Overall, it's an o.k. moisturizer. It doesn't have a wow factor and it's obviously nothing special. While it does a good job moisturizing and keeping my skin balanced, it doesn't really do anything for my skin; I mean there are some benefits, but it doesn't compare to what other moisturizers have done for me.


Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this moisturizer. Here's to another search for an HG moisturizer.


Thanks for stopping by. Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment