Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Review: Maybelline New York Ultra Liner (Waterproof)

If you are just starting out with eyeliner, I recommend using a liquid kind. It's not only the easiest way to line your upper-lashline, but it doesn't tug onto your skin... so you wouldn't have to worry about your delicate eye area.

This is the Waterproof Ultra Liner From Maybelline New York. It promises a thin brush for precise application and an all-day wear with no skipping or smearing.

First off, the brush is thin and easy to work with; it takes little effort to make a thin perfect line. I wish I had other compliments to give this product, but I honestly cannot do that. Within a few hours of wear, the liner would flake off my upper-lashline. If you have worked with dark eyeshadows and you have experienced fallout, that is the exact look it gave me (on my cheeks). In addition, you can literally peel it off as if you applied a thin black sticker onto your eyelids... Luckily, I was home when that happened... I don't know what I would have done if I was in public!


Pros:
- Thin brush (thin lines, but you can always make them thicker)
- Easy application
- Super black

Cons:
- It flakes off

Although I have listed more pros than cons, I consider the one con the most important of all. I highly doubt anyone would want to use a product that flakes off in the middle of the day...

Would I repurchase this? No.

Do I recommend a different product? Yes. L'Oreal Paris Lineur Intense!

Thanks for stopping by. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment