Thursday, June 10, 2010

Go To Products Part 2

This post is a continuation of Part 1.


Blush


I have over 15 blushes, so asking me to pick only one "go to" blush is impossible... I have three main blushes I usually grab for.


NARS Orgasm. This blush is BEAUTIFUL! It's a peachy pink with shimmers, but don't be fooled... the shimmers are quite subtle. With a light hand, this blush is very versatile to wear with different looks day or night. Keep in mind that NARS blushes are extremely pigmented... so one can end up looking like a clown if he or she is not careful with blush application.


NARS Deep Throat. This blush is a peachy color with shimmers. I haven't owned this blush for too long (maybe three weeks tops), but I prefer this over orgasm. It provides a natural flush of color, yet gives my cheeks a healthy glow at the same time. If you think Orgasm is overrated and rather not jump into the bandwagon or if Orgasm didn't work out for you, Deep Throat would be a nice replacement.


MAC Prism. This blush is a pinkish-brown color with a matte finish. It's one of those blushes that won't bring too much attention to the cheeks, but it gives a very nice warm natural flush. If you're someone who wears a lot of smokey eye or red lips (and with medium skintone), this blush would be perfect because it doesn't deposit too much color!


Cream Blush


NARS Orgasm Multiple. Does your blush disappear quickly throughout the day? No problemo! Try using a cream blush underneath your powder blush for it to last longer. There are days when I just wear this multiple on its own and let me tell you something: it blends like a dream! What I do is I just swipe the product from its tube onto the apple of my cheeks and I blend it out with my SS168 brush. Natural flush AND glowy cheeks... what more can I ask for?


Contour/Bronzer


NARS Laguna. It's tough to find a bronzer that won't make you look orange or muddy! Fortunately for me, Laguna gives me a natural bronzed glow for all year round. Although you can see shimmer in its pan, there is no shimmer when applied to the face; It gives you a natural looking tan. Also, it is a bit pricey, but it will last you a long time -- unless you're a klutz like me who happens to drop everything... I've had it for over a year and it only shows a little sign of usage.


Cream Highlight


MAC Hush Cream Color Base. I apply this product with my ring finger onto my cheekbones and let me just say this product is irreplaceable! It gives me a very nice natural and healthy looking glow and the best part about this product is that you can even use this as a cream eyeshadow to just light up your eyes. I use this with EVERY look... It seriously goes with anything!


Highlight Powder


MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder. The sheen that this powder gives is beautiful! It gives a very soft glow, but doesn't make you look like a disco ball or greasy. This is definitely one of my favorite products for the summer because it's one of the most flattering highlighters I've seen.


Swatches!


That's it for now. I'll post part 3 later!

Thanks for stopping by. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I love Orgasm and I've been thinking of getting Deep Throat next! I'm quickly falling in love with Laguna and it has replaced Hoola right now as my favorite bronzer. :) And I completely agree on Shell Pearl. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! Deep throat is BEAUTIFUL! You won't regret it! =)

    ReplyDelete